In The News

MWE mentions and quotes.

What to do when you cannot pay your taxes

MWE Headshots Thumbnail LanceChristensen - What to do when you cannot pay your taxesWhat happens when affluent individuals cannot pay their income tax? MWE Tax Partner Lance Christensen offers his thoughts in a recent Reuters article.



Reuters2 300x76 - What to do when you cannot pay your taxes

“The key element is proactivity,” says Lance D. Christensen, a certified public account and partner with Margolin, Winer & Evens, a CPA and business advisory firm in Garden City, Long Island.

“Be proactive in filing for an extension. Be proactive in communicating your inability to pay. If the collections unit of the IRS reaches out to you first, things can get ugly.”  Read More>>

Contact Us
Long Island

1500 RXR Plaza - West Tower, Uniondale, NY 11556
T 516.747.2000 // F 516.747.6707

New York City

757 Third Avenue, Suite 2002, New York, NY 10017
T 212.973.1000 // F 212.973.1004

Grand Cayman

27 Hospital Road, Fifth Floor, P.O. Box 1748GT
George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I