The people behind the
great ideas at MWE.
James M. Piller - Principal
Jim heads the Firm’s System Consulting and Training Practice Group which maintains a specialty in enterprise project management and technology implementations. As a Consultant for a number of Fortune 500 companies, Jim specializes in working with organizations that understand the strategic nature of business goals with technology projects, implementation strategies and security issues and how they relate to their success. He assists clients with the full project life cycle, from concept to delivery, giving them a competitive edge in meeting their goals.
Jim is an active member of various systems groups and he is a frequent lecturer/panelist on Information Systems topics and a computer education trainer.
His professional credentials include:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- Silver Desktop & Silver Midmarket Solution Provider
- Small Business Specialist
- Technical Contributor / Lecturer / Panelist
- Technology Evaluator / Beta Tester
- March 30, 2020Significant Tax Provisions of the CARES Act
On March 27, 2020 President Trump signed into Law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.The sweeping legislation gives substantial relief to business owners and individuals.
- March 24, 2020New York State Provides Limited Penalty Relief For Sales Tax Vendors
In the wake of declaring a State Disaster Emergency, New York Governor Cuomo has issued an executive order expanding the Tax Commissioner’s authority to abate late filing and payment penalties to also allow the Commissioner to abate interest on quarterly sales and use tax filings and remittances with a due date of March 20, 2020…
- March 20, 2020New Employment Tax Credits Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act
President Trump has signed into Law the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).The FFCRA requires that certain employers provide expanded paid leave and/or emergency family leave to certain employees.
- Treasury Delays Federal Income Tax Filing Deadline to July 15th
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced Friday, March 20th, that the Trump administration has decided to push the federal income tax filing and payment date to July 15 from April 15.
- March 19, 2020Treasury Grants Tax Relief and Trump Signs FFCRA
On March 18, 2020 the Secretary of the Treasury issued a notice which grants relief with respect to the timing of the payment of Federal Income Tax which would otherwise be due on April 15, 2020.The relief grants taxpayers an extension of time until July 15, 2020 to make the payment and applies to…