The people behind the
great ideas at MWE.
James M. Piller - Principal
Jim heads the Firm’s System Consulting and Training Practice Group which maintains a specialty in enterprise project management and technology implementations. As a Consultant for a number of Fortune 500 companies, Jim specializes in working with organizations that understand the strategic nature of business goals with technology projects, implementation strategies and security issues and how they relate to their success. He assists clients with the full project life cycle, from concept to delivery, giving them a competitive edge in meeting their goals.
Jim is an active member of various systems groups and he is a frequent lecturer/panelist on Information Systems topics and a computer education trainer.
His professional credentials include:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- Silver Desktop & Silver Midmarket Solution Provider
- Small Business Specialist
- Technical Contributor / Lecturer / Panelist
- Technology Evaluator / Beta Tester
- September 13, 2021IRS Announces Tax Relief for New York & New Jersey Victims of Remnants of Hurricane Ida
Updated September 14, 2021 The IRS has recently announced that victims of remnants of Hurricane Ida that began September 1, 2021, now have until January 3, 2022, to file various individual and business tax returns and make tax payments.
- August 9, 2021Baker Tilly Expands in New York with Acquisition of Margolin, Winer & Evens
NEW YORK (Aug.9, 2021) – Leading advisory CPA firm Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) announces its intent to acquire New York-based Margolin, Winer & Evens LLP (MWE), one of the largest regional accounting and business advisory firms in the Northeast.
- May 6, 2021The American Families Plan: Here’s What You Should Know About President Biden’s Proposal
President Biden has proposed tax legislation which could significantly impact many individuals and businesses if enacted.In his April 28, 2021 address, President Biden discussed some of the proposals in his $1.8 trillion American Families Plan (AFP), which would make sweeping changes to some of the tax provisions enacted in the Tax Cuts and…
- March 18, 2021New COVID-19-Relief: The American Rescue Plan
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan (“The Act”) into law. The Act provides $1.9 trillion of relief and is the third COVID-19 bill signed to help Americans since last March.The Act allocates money for stimulus payments and unemployment benefits, vaccines, schools, small businesses, and more. The following is a summary of…
- March 17, 2021IRS Extends the Tax Paying and Filing Deadline for Individuals
Updated: March 22, 2021 THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE HAS ANNOUNCED THAT INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYERS WILL BE GRANTED A LIMITED EXTENSION OF TIME UNTIL MAY 17, 2021 WITHIN WHICH TO FILE THEIR 2020 FORM 1040.