MWE is always seeking qualified,
MWE is one of Long Island's largest regional CPA firms. We are a progressive and premier firm led by a team of 24 partners and more than 200 staff. We are always seeking qualified and energetic professionals to join our team. Our firm has an excellent client base particularly in the financial services, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution industries. We offer excellent benefits and a collegial work environment. We look forward to meeting you.
trust and estate team
Supervisor (Trust and Estate)
- Minimum 6 years of recent public accounting experience.
- Review of gift, estate, fiduciary income, individual income, partnership and private foundation tax returns.
- Familiarity with application of passive activity rules to non-grantor trusts and estates.
- Experience with 1040NRs for foreign grantor and non-grantor trusts extremely helpful (but not required).
- Working knowledge of state/local income tax for multi-state filers.
- Basic knowledge of partnership taxation.
- Respond to federal and state tax notices.
- Analyze trust documents to determine income tax status (grantor vs. non-grantor, simple vs. complex).
- Analyze trust documents to determine existence of Crummey powers.
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members.
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships.
- Keep up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information.
- Manage day-to-day client and team relationships.
- Excellent command of Excel.
- Working knowledge of CCH Pro System.
- Experience with paperless environment, such as Engagement, helpful (but not required).
- Experience with BNA Income Tax Planner helpful (but not required).
Seasoned Tax Compliance Professional
Seasoned Tax Compliance Professional with minimum of 6 years experience reviewing tax returns. Partnership, LLC and S corporation experience is very important. Professional should have experience working in other CPA firms. Must be comfortable reviewing tax returns and have sufficient experience and knowledge required to spot issues. This person should be able to do light research but is not expected to work on projects.
Tax Manager with research and compliance skills, particularly with pass through entities (partnerships, LLCs and S corporations). State and Local experience is a plus. This person should have an accounting background, must be a CPA, with 8 or more years of experience. An advanced degree in Tax would be positive but not mandatory. This person should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to ascend to partnership someday.
Seniors who have more than two years of public accounting audit experience are sought. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in both audit and tax work.
Excellent client base, particularly in the financial services, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution industries.
Supervisors needed with 4-8 years of Public Accounting experience. Supervisors must be CPA certified. We will look at candidates from Small, Medium or Large Firms.
Graduation finally in sight? MWE is always looking to meet the best of the best prospective new employees. Staff Accountant positions require a bachelor’s degree in accounting and internship experience is always a plus. You must also meet the 150 credit requirement.
For more information on career opportunities, please contact:
400 Garden City Plaza, Fifth Floor, Garden City, NY 11530
T 516.747.2000 // F 516.747.6707
27 Hospital Road, Fifth Floor, P.O. Box 1748GT
George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I